Start Your Own Fundraiser
Starting a fundraiser allows you to multiply your impact by inspiring and activating your family and friends!
Increase your impact by 20x, 100x, or more!
Create a Facebook Fundraiser
It’s a fun and easy way to raise awareness and to encourage your friends to join you in supporting our work. Plus, 100% of the money you raise directly supports our programs!
1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/fund/... and from there, follow Facebook's prompts to set up your fundraiser. You can select the amount you'd like to raise and how long you'd like your fundraiser to last. Are you turning 51? Aim to raise $510, or go for it and shoot for raising $5,100. After you complete the form, click the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right corner.
2. Fill out the next form that tells your friends why you are raising funds, and why they should contribute. Facebook automatically provides a sample. You can go with that or personalize it to tell folks why this cause speaks to your heart!
Have fun with it and be creative! Many people create a fundraiser for a significant day, such as their birthday. Maybe your anniversary is on the 27th. Ask everyone to donate $27.00.
After you complete the form, click the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right corner.
3. After you complete the form, click on the ‘Create’ button at the bottom right corner and launch your fundraiser. Now, go tell all your friends!
Create a GoFundMe
GoFundMe supports fundraisers for nonprofits of all sizes. The platform provides a “fast and easy way to raise money for the nonprofits you care about.” And every dollar is applied to programs.
There are four basic steps, with several sub-steps required to create the details of the fundraiser.
- Start a GoFundMe account at GoFundMe.com.
- Go to their Charity/Fundraising page and choose the Lakota People’s Law Project from their list of nonprofits.
- From this point, there are about eight simple sub-steps required to create your fundraiser. It really is easy! Just follow their helpful Start-To-Finish guide.
- Launch and manage your fundraiser. Once it’s launched, you can share it with friends and family. The details are also covered in the Start-To-Finish guide.
You can use the following image for your fundraiser, or whichever one from our Supporter Toolkit you like!
When the fundraiser is over, the funds are safely and automatically delivered to the Lakota People’s Law Project. Pilamaya — thank you!